Today I will leave the San Diego area for uncomfortable airport seats, and then the colder climes of home. I have survived my 5 day adventure with the contents of my computer tote and a standard roll-aboard suitcase. These included:
- 2 pairs of dress trousers
- 1 pencil skirt
- 4 knit tops
- 2 knit cardigans
- 1 denim jacket
- 2 pairs of shoes (1 worn Tuesday en route)
- 1 pair of jeans (worn Tuesday)
- 1 additional top (worn Tuesday)
- 1 trench coat (worn Tuesday)
- 1 nightshirt
- Assorted cosmetics
- Appropriate undergarments
- Netbook, Kindle, and Blackberry with their chargers
I could easily have packed two more tops to get another day’s wear out of each pair of trousers. So, in theory, I could have gone a week with just the contents of allowable carry-on bags.
That is the art of packing. For other upcoming trips I will not be quite as condensed (mostly because I have already been discussing footwear with other meeting attendees; I have a reputation to uphold, you know).
Photo courtesy of PhotoXpress.