Saturday, May 30, 2009

My First Meme!

I always try to rise to a challenge. After 48 years on earth, there are really very few things I haven't done. So, earlier today, I found out that Isis had tagged me for a meme:


Post your best/worst covers and tag some more muppethuggers. Oh and do a linkback to whomever tagged you if it wasn't me.

Well, I had to think long and hard to come up with examples of these. I mean, the original post had Joplin's Me & Bobby McGee, one of my faves. After a bit of free associating and some google searches, I found audio of two songs.

The good one first. I hang with baseball nuts (married one, gave birth to another, became one in the meantime), and we have watched Ken Burns Baseball at length. One song featured in the documentary was, of course, Take Me Out To the Ballgame, covered by Carly Simon. My household is in agreement that this is the best version of the song we have heard.

Many more options seemed available for the worst cover of all time; but here is my choice: Smoke on the Water on the Pat Boone album In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy. I get the shivers just thinking about it.

Unfortunately, I can't get videos of either of these, and the audio files don't want to post tonight. I think I can get the Carly Simon to go if I find our CD copy; however, just be glad I can't get Pat Boone doing metal loaded!

2 comments:

  1. nonononononono!!!!!!!


    Joplin's version is the assiest cover EVAH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You've got BikeMonkey on your blog. You are totally screwed now.

    ReplyDelete