Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pesky Patients Prevent Prose

I came back from a couple of national meetings with a bunch of ideas for this blog. One involved Varmus’ comments on the impact factor; I actually wrote that one last week.

Then my inpatient care service ballooned beyond one patient.Cheerful baby at the doctor. Kids were coming out of the woodwork wanting to see a nephrologist.

I hate when that happens.

Since handing over the service last night at 5, I have been trying to recover from 48 hours of everybody wanting my attention, and all wanting it NOW. I am just now feeling like I have my brain back.

It wasn’t enough to have a whole bunch of patients at once, though. We had our furnaces and hot water heater replaced during the same 48 hours. That just made those 2 days that much more special.

I will get my head back together and write more meaningful input. I promise.

Photo courtesy of PhotoXpress.

No comments:

Post a Comment