Monday, June 8, 2009

Long time, no post...

It has been 5 days since my last post, and I have been having a great time in New Orleans! One thing about this city, you just don't get the opportunity to be hungry or thirsty for long.

It has also helped that in addition to my loving spouse (who is faithfully attending sessions, but he is primarily a diabetes doc) my 21 year old daughter has come along. As she is currently a PR intern for the local ADA chapter, the meeting has been educational for her as well. And she has been great company when I have played hookey to shop or sight-see!

One thing that has appalled her is the lack of presentation skills, both on the platform and the poster. Over the next few posts I will highlight some of the common mistakes we have observed, as well as reviewing the literature (yup, there is a scientific literature) on poster presentations.

In the meantime, the good times continue to roll in the Crescent City.

No comments:

Post a Comment