Friday, July 3, 2009

Holidays in the Hospital

Photoxpress_7134731

University of Nebraska considers July 3 a holiday. The city of Omaha does as well.

Unfortunately, my patients missed the memo.

So I’m at my desk. I have just finished rounding on the patients at one hospital. The new admission has finally gotten to the other one, so I can head on over there and finish rounds.

There are a lot of people working on holidays, and not just doctors. Waiters, retail clerks, and others are all out there plugging away.

If you go to a restaurant or drop by a store this weekend, think about saying thanks to the people working through the holiday.

And have a happy Independence Day – even if you only see the fireworks through a plate glass window or on TV!

Photo courtesy of Photoexpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment