Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fuzzy Women

First, I am pre-menopausal. Still cycling, thank you very much.

Peri-menopausal? Can’t deny that. I mean, you expect that when your next birthday puts you at the half-century mark.

But I have had excessive facial hair for a long time. Since puberty. A mustache. It’s been bleached, dissolved, shaved, and waxed.

I put patients, including teen-age girls, on medications that increase hair growth. I am able to discuss various forms of hair removal with them from my own personal experience.

So when this video showed up in my twitter feed this morning, I really appreciated it:

H/T to @dikeough via @RebeccaSkloot.

By the way, my husband is an endocrinologist. The Gland Man. He thinks facial hair on a woman is a good thing because it means the androgens are working, pushing our sex drives. He probably just says that to make me feel better, but feel free to quote him if you need to put a positive spin on facial hair sometime.

Remember: You are not alone.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I had a good laugh. Not to worry millions and millions of women have to deal with facial hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I could do with a little less androgen. On a lot of levels.

    ReplyDelete