Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Maternal Pride and Organ Donation

Organ donation is a topic near and dear to my heart, as I have blogged before. I am quite proud of my daughter’s efforts on behalf of organ donor registration this year. As a PR major at University of Nebraska – Omaha, she has chaired a group of students organizing a major transplant awareness event. A local TV station featured her event on last night’s news (doesn’t she look good on TV?):

She has worked her ample butt off for this event, even talking me into donating prizes for a “pin the organ on the body” contest [Note to I Heart Guts: if you offered express shipping, your stuff would have been the prizes, but I could not get it here in time].

Jennifer is on track to graduate next December; if anyone wants to hire her, feel free to contact me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pascale,

    You must be so proud of Jennifer. She's doing some really amazing work!

    I found your blog while searching for unique and helpful content on digestive health. I think you could benefit from sharing your personal story to an audience of people seeking information on digestive health. Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN) is comprised of over 3,000 of the web's best health writers, including doctors, patient experts and people pursuing healthy living.


    For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.


    Best,

    Hua

    Director of Blogger Networks

    ReplyDelete