Sociable

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Goodbye Coronado, Hello Home

Today I will leave the San Diego area for uncomfortable airport  seats, and then the colder climes of home. I have suPhotoxpress_4219634rvived my 5 day adventure with the contents of my computer tote and a standard roll-aboard suitcase. These included:

  • 2 pairs of dress trousers
  • 1 pencil skirt
  • 4 knit tops
  • 2 knit cardigans
  • 1 denim jacket
  • 2 pairs of shoes (1 worn Tuesday en route)
  • 1 pair of jeans (worn Tuesday)
  • 1 additional top (worn Tuesday)
  • 1 trench coat (worn Tuesday)
  • 1 nightshirt
  • Assorted cosmetics
  • Appropriate undergarments
  • Netbook, Kindle, and Blackberry with their chargers

I could easily have packed two more tops to get another day’s wear out of each pair of trousers. So, in theory, I could have gone a week with just the contents of allowable carry-on bags.

That is the art of packing. For other upcoming trips I will not be quite as condensed (mostly because I have already been discussing footwear with other meeting attendees; I have a reputation to uphold, you know).

Photo courtesy of PhotoXpress.

No comments:

Post a Comment