For this year’s meeting a tweet-off has been proposed:
Goal: enroll the most new followers on twitter during the meeting.
As a reasonably neutral party who already follows both of these distinguished individuals on twitter, I volunteer to moderate the contest as follows:
- Contest will begin at 0800 Pacific time on Friday, April 23, when on-site registration opens
- Contest will end at 0800 Pacific time on Wednesday, April 28, so a winner can be determined before I have to head to the airport; we can move this back to noon on Tuesday if necessary for the “prize”
- Shameless publicity stunts are not only permissible, but encouraged (especially if free drinks and/or public nudity are involved)
- I will provide updates online and via twitter throughout the meeting; if APS allows, I may even post it on the whiteboard with the official registration numbers
- The final “prize” will be negotiated by the participants; perhaps the loser buys at a tweet-up or provides clown services at a party?
So, you two, are you up for it? Cause I’m ready for some game faces and trash-talking!