Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy Twitterversary!

At 21:20 CST today I will celebrate one year of tweeting.

twitter-logo When I enrolled, I could not comprehend the value of these short comments. Little did I know how twitter would become a part of my existence, complete with friends and colleagues who make me happy and sad and angry.

Until you try it, the whole concept sounds utterly ridiculous. What can you say in 140 characters, really? And how many people do you really reach?

At the time I write this, nearly 200 people follow my thoughts on twitter. If I tweet something particularly notable, my followers may retweet it, with the potential to reach thousands of tweeple in a manner of minutes. That impact is far broader and faster than an email chain.

I am now well over 2000 tweets. Some are interesting, many are drivel. But I have enjoyed them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment