Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Learning New Stuff

I have lived a busy meeting day with sessions on acute kidney injury (AKI) stretching from 8am until 7pm. I learned a lot; as I noted on twitter, friends and colleagues greeted me as follows:

Pascale, what are you doing here?

Photoxpress_2811259See, my research has focused on diabetic kidney disease and kidney growth. Most recently a project on kidney development has, well, developed. AKI was not in my repertoire.

It is now. Our clinical service needed work, and I needed to learn more. Today helped, although I must admit that my brain was full a couple of hours before we quit meeting for the day.

I have 2.5 more days of workshops and symposia. I hope to bring home lots of information to help my patients. I hope to be refreshed by the sight and scent of azaleas and other flowers in bloom.

And maybe next time I hit this meeting no one will ask why I’m here.

Photo courtesy of PhotoXpress.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pascale.

    I read that you have interests in AKI and is on a symposia these days. I have also interests in AKI, but as a investor in a company who has patent on a cuttoff value at the AKI.

    Is it posible that you will tell me who the producer are, maybe Biosite/Inverness or Abbott Labs?

    Br

    Kim
    Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen anything like that yet, but the exhibit hall doesn't open until today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, thanks. Hope to hear more later :-)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete